Proper Watering Techniques for your New Plants, Shrubs, and Trees
- Hand water shrubs and perennials 2x daily for the first two weeks.
- Hand water shrubs and perennials 1x daily for the following two weeks.
- Hand water shrubs and perennials every other day until established.
- Trees are to be watered every day for 2 weeks, then every other day for 2 weeks and then 2 deep (30-minute slow trickle) waterings per week until established.
- Water all plants 2-3x per week for one month even with an irrigation system.
- Water one last time before a heavy freeze going into winter.
- Back off on watering during rainy weather.
- Supplement the watering schedule during times of drought or high heat.
- A simple soil test can be performed with your index finger. By moving the mulch back and poking your finger in 3 inches this can give a decent account of dry or wet. This does not work for larger shrubs and trees.
Use this button to send us a quick message or text us any time.
Phone and Fax: 612.396.2014 & 952.926.2422
For updates on local planting conditions, tips, tricks and current job photos, follow us on Facebook